Orange Marmalade Prune Cake
2 eggs 3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp mixed spice 1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup orange marmalade 1/2 cup chopped prunes
70 grams chopped hazelnuts 1 cup flour
1 tbs icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Grease a 20cm round tin.
3. Beat the eggs and sugar till light and creamy.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder and spices.
5. Fold the dry ingredients into the cake batter, alternately with milk.
6. Lastly fold in the marmalade, prunes and hazelnuts.
7. Pour cake batter in the cake tin. Bake 40 minutes, or until a cake skewer comes out clean. Dust with icing sugar.
(The cake recipe is from the March North and South magazine. -- Chris R Williams )